Author Topic: Release date for the 3rd book  (Read 9050 times)

backaginn

• View Profile
Release date for the 3rd book
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
Any news on the 3rd book? iBookstore does not have it yet. I really enjoyed 1 and 2, learned a lot. 

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Release date for the 3rd book
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:08:25 AM »
Glad you are enjoying the series so far! We had a bit of a delay as we needed to go back and update Book 1 to iOS 6 and Xcode 4.5. Also, Apple keeps releasing new version of Xcode, so we have had some updating to do in Book 3 too. Moving full speed ahead on Book 3 which we will release as soon as possible!

sBryan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
In a recent email it sounded like book 3 was about to be released. Any update on that?
I've purchased a Mac Mini to develop on, have been through book 2 twice and am now anxiously awaiting book 3.

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
Yes, my apologies to everyone for the delay! We decided to go back and update the book for the latest release of Xcode so it is now completely current. We also added a few extra chapters requested by readers, and I'm in then process of formatting the last two chapters now, so it should be just a few more days!

P.S. Book 3 is the biggest book so far. It will be about 475 pages!

Kevin

matthewn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:58:20 AM »
Looking forwards to getting Book 3. I've been learning how to create apps for a few months now and still was unclear on how a few things worked until I came across this series of books. When I downloaded the sample of Book 1 it explained in a very simple way how something worked and I was hooked and purchased both book 1 and 2. I'm glad I did!!!

I'll be getting Book 3 as soon as available!
Matthew

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »
Matthew,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the book series! Book 3 is in the final stages of editing and will be released soon!

Kevin

mharris7190

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »
When I found this series I was skeptical towards "Learn Coding Fast" type of advertisement. I'm about to finish up the 2nd book and can honestly say that this book has been awesome(I did have a small background in Java and Android Dev, but this book caught me up to speed with iOS almost instantly). I just want to say thanks and that I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out soon!

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
Glad to hear you are enjoying the book series! It's always gratifying to hear how the books have helped such a wide variety of readers.

Kevin

AppDev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
Hi Kevin,

I really enjoyed Books 1 and 2.  I took an iOS development and Objective-C class a while ago.  The instructor had us sit there and just type code for hours not explaining what any of it meant.  I was so busy typing there was no time to stop and make sense of any of it.  I walked away feeling very broke with a bad headache and confused...LOL  I wish I never took the class.  Anyway, after reading your books I now feel like it's coming together and making sense.  I just finished Book 2 and went to go purchase Book 3 but it's not released yet.  I am looking forward to Book 3 when it comes out.  Thanks for taking the time to write these books!!!

AppDev

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »
AppDev,

I'll contact you directly about this.

Kevin

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »
In case you haven't heard yet...Book 3: Navigating Xcode is now available in the iBookstore:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/book-3-navigating-xcode-4.5/id598559434?mt=11

Kevin