Author Topic: iOS App for Non-Programmers Earns the 2013 Publishing Innovation Award  (Read 6390 times)

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just wanted to let everyone know that iOS App Development for Non-Programmers has won the 2013 Publishing Innovation Award (kind of like the Oscars for e-Books). The award was announced this week at the Digital Book World Conference at the New York Hilton.

Here are the judges comments:

Very often these 101-type books can fail with their slightly patronising tone or in that they speak too strongly towards the 'idiot' in an idiots guide.  Kevin J McNeish triumphs with his spring over and beyond this hurdle.  His first 'easy in' publication in a series, comprises short, concise and engaging chapters and exercises that have been reviewed by testers from the demographic that the book is intended for.  Kevin's writing style is light and easy to follow, with sections of short-form content that get to the point with a steady, yet no-nonsense, pace.  The visuals and design are bright and the image references hyperlink to clear screenshots, integrated video and explanatory sections.  Dedicated to Steve Jobs, this self published book highlights much of what Jobs himself strove for - clear, crisp design, intuitive interface and user experience coupled with high quality, clear content.

Quite a few news organizations have picked up the story. For example:

http://applemagazine.com/ios-app-development-for-non-programmers-earns-publishing-innovation-award/5334

Kevin
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:53:42 PM by kjmcneish »

Pete

• View Profile
Re: iOS App for Non-Programmers Earns the 2013 Publishing Innovation Award
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 12:33:12 AM »
Not a surprise to us.  lol  We already knew how wonderful your books are to learning iOS development. Congratulations to you and your team! If you need a proof reader, beta tester, helping hand, etc. please don't hesitate to call me. I would be honored to assist your team in whatever capacity that I can.

rtamesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 03:09:51 AM »
Congratulations! Your books truly are of excellent quality.

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »
Thanks!

Kevin

matthewn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
Congratulations. I agree completely with the judges comments as well as the award  :)
Matthew

Tom77w

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
Hey Kevin, a very deserved award indeed.  :) Absolutely love the book as the most insightful and well written eBook or paper book I have read to date. I have never particpated in Amazon's rate the book/author site until I read books 1 and 2. I rated them both 5 stars and proceeded to write up a positive summary as to why these books are a "must have". That's why I cannot wait until I get my hands on Book 3 Navigating XCode 4.5.  I know this book will help me take my App building skills/knowledge to the next level. So I hope that book 3 is coming out soooon.

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
Thanks Tom...very much appreciated!

Kevin