Author Topic: XCode 6  (Read 11991 times)

jcbb

• View Profile
XCode 6
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
Hi,
You're going to say I'm too impatient, but when do you think to release the book 3 update for xcode 6 ?

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: XCode 6
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:34:33 PM »
Book 1 is completed for iOS 8, we have an October 1 target date for Book 4, and Book 3 update will begin after that. It will take several weeks for sure!

Kevin

jcbb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 07:19:01 AM »
ok, thanks for your reply.
I guess it's a big job to make this book up to date.
I'll work (again) on the first two books and the 4th when available in the meantime.
I must say they are great and written in a very educational way.

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »
Glad to hear you are enjoying the series!

Kevin

runartrollet

• The creator of Tally Board
    • View Profile
    • Tally Board
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 12:49:40 PM »
October 1st would be an awesome timing. After a fairly successful game made after going through your books, we just got a new idea for another math-game, this time more educational. We absolutely love the live code preview, and this will make development go so much faster. We did think to just figure out everything about Swift for ourselves, but when you book is coming in just a matter of days, we will of course wait. In the meantime, we are doing some more planning, which is good for any project anyway.
http://TallyBoardApp.com

- A game of Logic, Strategy and Math.

razor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »
Hello Kevin, I'm just finishing up your first book and was wondering if you had an update as to when the update would be released.  I'm looking forward to working through it but figured its not worth the time to it start now.

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
I'm working on an update of Book 3 in parallel with writing the new Apple Watch book. I'm hoping for late January for the Xcode book (it's a big book with lots of changes).

All the best!
Kevin

razor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
I look forward to reading them both soon.  Hope you have a happy holiday season!

ranson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »
Hi Kevin, just wanted to check in and see if you had a new ETA for the XCode 6 update to book 3. I enjoyed finishing books 1 and 4 a few months ago and have been on the fence about purchasing Book 3 before the update is released.

Hope all is well, and thanks for such a great series! While I'm not a non-programmer, I was a non-apple-programmer until reading your series and am looking forward to finishing it.

James