Author Topic: IOS Simulator files  (Read 10923 times)

miltonbsb10

• View Profile
IOS Simulator files
« on: November 14, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »
Dear Kevin

I'm not getting see the files the apps of simulator in my MacBookPro. I am trying this because I was reading your chapter 12 your book and I not getting see the files of sqlite.

I was succeeded to access the path /Library/Application support/iPhone Simulator but there are only few files, created months ago. The news files isn't there. If I run a app now in the simulator, it doesn't appears there. The only  the simulator's version there is the 7.1.

Thanks

Milton Felix
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:49:18 PM by miltonbsb10 »

sekjn0

• View Profile
Re: IOS Simulator files
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 09:44:31 AM »
Hello Milton,
I am sad to see your post has not been replied since I have the same problem.
I have posted my own request earlier today as a new thread and I hope for better luck.
Right now I am kinda stuck.

Kim

zebing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:02:45 PM »
I'm also running into the same problem. Went through and made sure that all my code is correct, and there doesn't seem to be any SQLite files on my phone. I've been searching for a solution and found nothing. Hope we can figure something out.

zebing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »
Ok, I've been working on this for hours and hours now and finally found a solution. The book references an old version of xcode / ios and the data paths have since changed. Also, the fact that Apple's search function doesn't turn up the database when I search for it is aggravating. Here's the path that ultimately found the database on my machine:

Library - developer - core simulator - devices - 8658A6A192FA9141A - data - containers - data application - d62433DD-863E7c2b - documents - iDeliverMobileCD.sqlite

An since each machine has a different string of digits which appear twice in that file path, it could be a while for you to find it even with the file path I pasted above. Took me hours.

Now, if you would, please excuse me while I go slit my wrists.

razor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »
For those of you working through this book is it worth purchasing now and working through it (I'm on Xcode 6)?  I realize a (free) update is just around the corner but I didn't want to run in to a bunch of issues like this one here where I spend hours trying to find where Apple moved something.  I'd rather be learning than digging if you know what I mean.

zebing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 02:05:20 AM »
Yeah, I'd say I've spent a ton of time getting hung up on differences between the book and current software. It started out small enough - trying to delete a segue and I accidentally deleted a file in the navigator instead. I added a file back in, but errors started popping up everywhere. I then gave up, went way back, and rebuilt my practice file. Then, I started finding errors proliferating because xcode somehow is mixing up files between the new and old project. Even when the code is right, and matches the book and all the right files are referenced, I keep getting errors.

Long story short - I gave up on trying to build practice files. Would be helpful if there were intermediate files or finished files I could reference. I guess probably wait for the new book to come out would be my recommendation.

zebing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 03:31:36 AM »
PS - how did you know that the next book is about to be released? And when? If I could get this book updated and in Swift sometime soon, it would be worth the wait...

razor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »
There is a post in this group asking about Xcode 6.

http://iosappsfornonprogrammers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1747.0

In the discussion Kevin mentioned late January as a target date.  I remember reading somewhere on this site that there would always be free updates to any of his books, but that's not the issue for me.  I want to spend my time learning something relevant to today, not how things use to be done.  I wanted to post and ask if there was a new timeline established but I don't want to force the issue.  I might ask again around the beginning of March.

kjmcneish

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding! The forum is supposed to send me email notification when a new topic is created, but unfortunately, it didn't!

You're correct on the location of the SQLite file. It's much more difficult to find this location than in Xcode 5!

I am making great progress on Book 3 but still have several chapters to go (it's a big book!). Hoping to be completed in 2-3 weeks.

All the best!
Kevin

razor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 01:15:18 PM »
Thanks for the update Kevin, count on me as a day 1 buyer!  :-)