Author Topic: Chapter 20: on protocols and iAppsReview project  (Read 5743 times)

Edward_JS

• View Profile
Chapter 20: on protocols and iAppsReview project
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:01:50 PM »
The project as is will not compile, no doubt because since the book was written, Xcode is now in version 7.1 from the 6.3 that the book was originally published in.

This iAppsReview project has 5 serious compiler errors and overall, we need to have updated source code to be able to follow along with the text book so as to be able to learn.

I have learned enough to make some of my own changes, and when I do, I pass on what I find to posts here.

But these latest bugs are beyond my ability at present to deal with. I am hoping that Kevin gives us updated code to work with.
Thanks in advance.

shx

• View Profile
Re: Chapter 20: on protocols and iAppsReview project
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 10:35:40 PM »
ditto. . .
also would like updated source code so that at least we can run the examples

Edward_JS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
check some of my other posts to see if I have provided a workaround. In some problems, I worked it out myself, and I am glad to share what I find and figure out.

Also check out FAQ section because it hows some workarounds if you're getting compiler errors.

shx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:34:11 PM »
Edward_JS, thanks

Edward_JS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »
You're welcome, and pardon me for not replying sooner.

It also helps to get other books by other authors to augment what Kevin has here.

Kevin's books are well written and I've learned a lot. If updated source code comes
available, download it a.s.a.p. Swift language get changed - too fast for newbies like us to keep up.
I wonder if Apple considered that when upgrading Swift.