Author Topic: Didn't work, then it did  (Read 4424 times)

lennyeiger

• View Profile
Didn't work, then it did
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
I was working on the iDeliveryMobile app example, the part where you can add images of trucks for the different delivery statuses. When I completed it yesterday sometime, it didn't work. No images came in. I tried resizing the cells, I looked in the assets folder and there they were, etc. I saved, built numerous times, restarted Xcode and the Simulator. No go.

This morning I launched Xcode, pulled up the project, and there they were, just as they should be. I apparently executed the tutorial code correctly, all was well.

Is this a normal occurrence? Does Xcode just fail sometimes? Needs a 15 minute break?

TIA.
Lenny

angelina

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't work, then it did
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:39:20 PM »
Hi Lenny,

This is not a normal occurrence for Xcode but it has been known to happen.  If the images are in the images.xcassets folder and they are not appearing when you run the app then some likely causes could be corrupt image files, the misspelling of the image name in your code, or even a bug in Xcode.  The best way to fix this is to delete the images in your images.xcassets folder and then re-add them.  Then do a Product > Clean in Xcode and then a Product > Build.  If that doesnít work, then restart Xcode after completing the previous steps and it should fix the problem.  

In your case you mentioned that the truck images were in the images.xcassets folder.  This is interesting because it just became apparent that the latest source code for the iDeliverMobileCD project is actually missing the truck images.  Iíve just updated the source code for the book by adding the truck images to the images.xcassets folder.  Your issue with the images disappearing/reappearing could have been due to the source code missing the truck images or it could have been due to the other things mentioned above in which following the steps listed above should fix the problem.     

Angelina
Oak Leaf Enterprises, Inc.